Sunday 9th November 2014.
ACK St. Mark’s Kidfarmco
Communion Service Sermon.
Readings: 1st – Genesis 3: 1 – 24, 2nd – Luke 2: 25 – 40.
Theme: Salvation belongs to God
Sermon from last Sunday. Reflections of the week gone by – imperfection. Groaning for a better place.
- Perfect Creation
- God’s People [Adam & Eve]
- Gods’ Place [Garden of Eden]
- God’s Presence [Blessing]
- Disastrous Fall (Disobedeince)
- Broken Relationships (with God, each other and nature v. 13)
- The Curse! [Toil, Suffering and Death v. 17 – 19]
- Eviction Notice [Grace & Mercy v. 22]
- Any Hope?
- Where are you (v.9)
- A Sacrifice (v.21)
- A Promise (v. 15)
- The Serpent Crusher is Here
- Christ the promised saviour. Luke 2,
“Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you may now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all nations: a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of your people Israel.”
Acts 2. 36
Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
- A new People, A new Place in God’s Presence. 1 Peter 2: 9- 10
9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
- Christ is coming again. Revelation 21: 1- 8, 22: 12 -15.
- The Big Question
Where are you?
- In Adam? Or in the new Adam?